Wednesday, February 21, 2007

Day Ten

The rain came down in windy sheets all afternoon. By the time I'd cycled home, I was already soaked to the bone. I decided I didn't want to get too far from the house and that I should just do laps around the house. Toby could be off the leash so he could get extra exercise.

It was a good plan for the first 14 minutes. Then Toby decided to take off after a car. He came back pretty shortly, but it was frightening to me. I went into the house and got the leash so I could finish the run without having to worry about Toby becoming roadkill.

It was quite disappointing because he'd been having such fun racing around. And when he gets going, he gets that torpedo look that I really admire about his breed.

The final numbers - 20:33, about 2 miles.

No comments: