Tuesday, February 13, 2007

Back Story

I was listening to some NPR show online this past weekend and they were talking about some guy who runs on the beach in Miami. I think he's run something like 8 miles, every day, for 8 years. Barefoot on the beach.

They interviewed someone from the US Running Streak Association and I'm afraid I've found a new obsession. To qualify to be part of the Running Streak club, you have to run at least one mile, under your own steam (not on a treadmill), every day for one calendar year.

Since we just adopted a high-energy German Shepherd called Toby, I've been trying to run with him most days of the week. Wanting to achieve the hallowed status of Running Streak club member might be just the incentive I need to keep me going out, day after day, with the dog.

This is my diary of my attempt. I think this is a doable goal - a mile is just about 10 minutes for me. We'll see what the next year brings.

No comments: