Sunday, February 18, 2007

Day Seven

Really wasn't feeling up to running today. I've always given myself Sundays off and it felt like a huge deal to put my running clothes on and get out the door. Every joint in my leg was cracking and whining.

So, I got dressed and got out the door before I had a chance to change my mind. I'd filled the Ipod with a few of Car Talk's Call of the Week and told myself I could turn back after 5 minutes if I really didn't feel that I could continue. A single mile each day is such a nice, low bar.

I ended up running 12 minutes out and returned in a total of 23:59. It was a pleasant, uneventful run and my legs felt fine. It was a bit chilly but I'd dressed to take that into consideration so I was comfortable.

Toby was perfect. A good end to my first week.

No comments: