Friday, February 16, 2007

Day Five

It was a beautiful evening and since it was a Friday, I decided to run long. We ran about 5 miles - 50:11. I was aiming for a full hour, but I was starting to get light-headed and could feel the precursors to blisters in the arch of my right foot.

Toby was good - he ran nicely and only pulled on the leash a few times. We ran into the village, which I was dreading but it's really the only option that doesn't involve a 30 degree or worse climb uphill. (Up gets me in the lungs and down gets me in the knees. You can the girl out of Chicago but you can't take the Chicago out of the girl. I'm just not built for hills.)

The retrievery thing was nowhere in sight and we got through town smoothly and then ran around behind the other side of the lake. It was a bit hillier than I expected, but they were more gentle slopes so I was able to handle them without walking. It's a good run.

On the way home, it was gorgeous near the lake - everything was pink and when I looked back, I could see the smoke from the chimneys over the village and then puffy clouds over the hills. It was one of those views that made any pain in the run worth it.

No comments: